Even if you are not directly engaged in sales on the Internet, but actively promoting the business, you will always face the task of justifying the cost of this promotion. Ideally, you should understand how every ruble invested in advertising worked. And this is impossible without a customized CRM-system. In this article we will tell you what it is, how it works, why your business needs it, and also give examples of the most popular CRM-systems on the market.
“Customer Relationship Management System (CRM, CRM-system, acronym for Customer Relationship Management) – is an application software for organizations designed to automate strategies for interaction with customers (clients), in particular to improve sales, optimize marketing and customer service by maintaining information about customers and history of relationships with them, establishing and improving business processes and subsequent analysis of results.”
What is it doing?
- Accelerates the work of managers by about 2 times. They will be able to process requests faster, spend more time on sales itself, which means they can increase their volumes and reduce costs.
- Allows to introduce clear business processes of interaction with clients.
- Contributes to the growth of sales and increase the average check, and thus increase profits, on average, 40-50%.
Profit increase allows investing more resources into business growth and development. And it gives you all chances to become a manager of a large successful corporation.
How it does that
Firstly, CRM significantly saves time for employees and managers. It automates business processes and takes over the routine: generates documents according to a template, sets tasks for managers at each stage of the transaction, sends sms to customers, creates online reports on all indicators, through a built-in calculator calculator calculates the cost of services, tracks important dates (extend the contract, issue an invoice), etc. The manager only has to view the reports.
Secondly, it provides valuable analytical information for making business decisions. For example, the manager can at any moment listen to sales managers’ negotiations with customers and understand what problems customers experience, whether employees need additional training on the product, etc.
Thirdly, from the name Customer Relationship Management itself, it is clear that it is a program for customer relationship management: by automating business processes, it helps to build an effective dialogue with the customer, reduce human factor errors to a minimum and eventually sell more.
How does it look in practice
When a client contacts the company, you have everything you need at hand. A card opens, which records the entire history of the relationship, from the first call to the transaction: you can listen to the calls, view purchases, create documents by template, write an email or sms, set a task for other employees.
Having a client card before your eyes, you can immediately say hello to him by name – the person feels pleasant, he feels special, more willing to respond to suggestions. And you communicate with him without any “sorry, your manager is on vacation, I will clarify and call back” – any question, any answer here and now. A private case, a daily episode – but even here you save time, yours and your client’s, increase his loyalty, set him up to buy from you.
There are many offers on the CRM market now. But developers do not sleep and constantly add new chips, useful and not very – it is already decided by users. However, there is a musthave set of features that must be present in your system:
- The module of the account of clients in which all history of interaction with clients is kept.
- A sales management module with a clear sales funnel that indicates where each transaction stands.
- Automation of business processes, which allows not only to set tasks, but also to send sms-messages, change data about objects, remind about approaching important dates.
- Real-time analytics and reports in the form of visual charts and graphs, as well as tables with detailed data.
- Tasks management, designed so that the manager instantly receives messages about completed and overdue tasks.
- Integration with mail, website and IP telephony so that all incoming requests from any channel are immediately recorded in CRM.
- API programming interface, which allows you to configure integration with 1C, enterprise software, mobile and other applications.
- So, technologies allow you to choose the best solution for your business.
Please contact us if you are interested in custom crm development company
And we will briefly run through the most popular systems to give an overview of the market.
Popular CRM systems overview
“Bitrix24 is a full-fledged corporate portal suitable for both small businesses, including start-ups, and market giants. What is important for young businesses, the system is absolutely free for companies with no more than 12 employees.
The main opportunities:
- maintaining and managing the client database;
- access to cloud data storage;
- complete project and task management;
- sales management, including order and payment tracking and warehouse accounting;
- analytics (graphics, sales funnels);
- case planning – time management for employees;
- work with documents and finances;
- integration with the site, social networks, popular web applications, as well as 1C (all account information is immediately displayed);
- email-tracker – saving the history of correspondence within the system;
- mobile applications for iOS and Android.
“Bitrix24 will completely replace the working social network inside the company. With its help it is possible to optimize the interaction between different departments as quickly as possible, to automate the workflow, as well as to perform all the main functions of sales control and analysis.
“Megaplan is a corporate cloud system primarily for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Complete sales management (multistage sales planning, channel tracking, analytical reporting);
- an accurate customer database (keeping a history of customer relationships);
- internal management – setting tasks for employees, analysis of their productivity, control of deadlines;
- integration with telephony, mail services and 1C.
Extremely simple interface, the ability to configure “personally” and, at the same time, extensive functionality to manage sales and employees. CRM-system is available in the cloud and a boxed solution, also possible to manage through applications on devices with operating systems iOS and Android.
amoCRM is a convenient tool for organizing effective work of the company, the second most popular among Russian-speaking systems. It has an intuitive interface and the user can set up the functionality he or she needs.
The main features:
- constant systematization of the database of clients, companies and transactions (all history of interaction with clients, contractors and partners in one place);
- quality planning of transactions, tasks and projects;
- full integration with an unlimited number of postal services, as well as PBX;
- sales analytics (charts, success, forecasts).
4. “Simple Business.”
“Simple Business” – a local CRM-project for business automation. Offers tariff without payment for companies with five employees, for large organizations there is a common paid license without payment for each employee.
The main opportunities:
- customer records (maintaining a full client base, saving contacts and calls, recording transaction documents);
- project management (task manager, case calendars, charts, sales schedules);
- supervising the organization’s staff (time management, remote employee management, tracking personal effectiveness, internal chat and telephony);
- classical document management (templates for document processing, sending documentation by email, EDS);
- warehouse accounting and record keeping (cash flow, electronic reports, postings, warehouse management);
- availability of built-in communications (integration with telephony and mail messengers);
- modern end-to-end business analytics (analysis of advertising expenses efficiency, analytics by parameters: ROI, sales, conversion, average check, profit).
5. Bpm’online sales
Bpm’online sales is a system for managing the entire sales cycle: from analyzing the customer’s purchase needs to concluding the transaction, fulfilling the order and controlling payment.
- a unified database of contacts (clients, counterparties) with the possibility of segmentation into dynamic groups, as well as automatic saving of the history of relations with clients and counterparties;
- communication management – time management for employees, integration with telephony and mail services, maintenance of standard documentation, communication in the corporate social network;
- business process management (design, execution and monitoring of the company’s business activities);
- Leads and sales management (a unified sales register of the company, monitoring of sales starts, possibility to define further tactics and forecasts of sales success);
- order and invoice management (grouping of orders by execution stage, budget, product and service groups or by responsible executors, control over the current status of order execution, invoice management and payment control, accounting analytics).
6. Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is focused on sales, marketing and service organization. It provides solutions for a variety of business and economic sectors, including finance, trade, manufacturing, healthcare and education.
- Sales control implies an individual approach to each customer by combining the work of an online store, retail network and back office. It helps to automate trade processes (from the commercial offer to the processing of the finished order), to create data profiles on customers, as well as to synchronize processes with the calendar;
- Interaction with customers on all possible communication channels, as well as intelligent planning of employees for optimal customer service;
- optimization of finance and operations management for business development , control of current expenses and revenues, analytical forecasts of future profit making;
- opportunities for attracting, motivating, developing and retaining staff adapting newcomers in the first months of work, stimulating staff development and growth;
- organization of profitable marketing campaigns with individual approach to each customer.
7. Mango CRM
Mango CRM is a cloud product from Mango Office. The system is mainly for sales management – from first call to re-purchase. The Mango CRM modules include sections: Counterparties, Contacts, Transactions, Processes, Communications and Tasks. All of them are customizable, i.e. you can enter the data that is relevant to the businessman in the first place. The platform also allows you to operate with decision making analytics, giving a complete picture of the work of both the sales department as a whole, and each employee individually.
8. Trello .
Trello, strictly speaking, is not a CRM system. But we mention it here, because it has earned its popularity among startups due to its simple, intuitive interface and the availability of a free version (freemium model, but the restrictions are not on the test period, but on the number of integrations and the volume of downloadable files).
Organized on the principle of Japanese kanban board: consistent control over all stages of tasks and projects. For each project the system allocates a board divided into lists with cards. The cards have a lot of features: task indication, voting, commenting, uploading files, etc.
We think you are quite imbued with the usefulness of CRM. For more information on how to make the most of digital capabilities with such systems, read our book “Digital for a Startup”